- I have experience in developing organizations with a creative vision for growth and the ability to facilitate development in others.
- As joint founder of a holistic charity in 1983, HealthLink360, initially named Care for Mission, (www.healthlink360.org ),
- successfully developed its psychological resources. From its inception more than 2000 users have directly benefitted from the services offered while many more have been reached through its training and technology.
- trained and facilitated an innovative team. The team initially comprised two staff members, currently stands at eleven, has a satellite in Northern Ireland and is still developing, offering:
- life mentoring
- counselling to those whose work involved leadership, change or trauma.
- The British Association for Social Functioning (www.basf.org.uk), represents Human Social Functioning, a unique approach to therapy, assisting individuals to make important life changes. Elizabeth became chair when the organisation had dwindled to a handful of practitioners. It is now growing and training practitioners in the UK and Internationally.
Consultant , Elizabeth Somerset Jones Therapeutic Consultancy 2009 to present
- Provision of counselling, for private clients, agencies, MOD, Employee Assistance Providers.
- Post Trauma work, supervision for counsellors, mentoring for those in health care & pastoral work
Psychological Services Director, HealthLink360, Carberry, Musselburgh 1999-2009
- Within a holistic care setting offering medical, psychological and spiritual assistance.
- Developed, trained and managed a multi-disciplinary team,
- set up appropriate therapy infrastructure,
- liaised with other clinical staff, referral agencies.
- Developed courses and offered training in Human Social Functioning,
- Stress Management and Resilience.
- Developed detailed assessments for psychological resilience for leadership roles
- with emphasis on the educative opportunity for candidates.
Director & Counsellor, Care for Mission, Duns, Berwickshire 1983-1999
- Envisioned and co-founded with Dr Michael Jones, the holistic residential centre that developed into HealthLink360.
- Developed the service as described above sharing management of the whole service.
At this time, board member of Northumbria Bible College, including becoming chair person for two years
Christian Church Ministry
- Non-Stipendiary Minister, St Leonard’s, Lasswade & St Mary’s, Dalkeith 2000 to present
- Diocesan Director of Ordinands, Edinburgh Diocese 1995-2005
- Non-Stipendiary Minister, Christ Church, Duns 1993-1999
- Non-Stipendiary Minister, St John’s Church, Selkirk 1988-1993
Homeworker, Spouse, Kilimanjaro Christian Medical Centre, Tanzania 1976-1982
- Childcare including our own two and boarding a Danish child, to enable her to attend International School.
- In the expatriate group, consisting many nationalities, I facilitatedvarious activities, including cultural, craft and theological as well as pastoral care.
Private Craft and Seamstress business, Aberdeen 1972-1976
Teacher, Hilton Secondary & Kincorth Academy, Aberdeen 1970-1972