I am a skilled counsellor, supervisor, life mentor and trainer, with demonstrable ability to facilitate positive change in individuals and groups from over 30 years experience in diverse areas:
- creative in my approach to therapy, tailoring it to each unique individual
- empathetic, encouraging, adaptable, active
- skilled at making assessments, communicating these appropriately and facilitating choices for growth.
- able and willing to develop new skills continuing to stretch my knowledge
what issues do I work with?
over the past 35 years I have worked with:
- wide range of need, including: relationships, burn-out, issues of self esteem, abuse, major trauma as a result of war or terrorism, fear, anxiety and depression.
- adults, young people, family groups, teams and those of many different nationalities.
Now I work primarily with adults on a one-to-one basis. Most of my clients come with anxiety, depression or traumas of all varieties
what kind of work have I done (outside counselling)?
- Pioneering, development and management to meet specific identified need, creative vision, growth and ability to facilitate growth in others
- Introducing strategic change with current technology
what are my professional associations?
- British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy Registration given in 1999 in recognition of 250 hours of counselling a year for fourteen years; and in 2004 in recognition of seven years as a supervisor, having gained a Certificate in Supervision in 1999. Currently Senior Accredited Practitioner in both Counselling and Supervision.
- UK Registered Independent Counsellor.
- British Association of Social Functioning Accreditation given in 1985 and recognition as a trainer in 1998: currently chair of the organisation.
- MPhil gained in 2008 with a research thesis exploring the use of an assessment tool, used in the HealthLink360
- EMDR Parts I, II and III training, 2006
MPhil (2008) University of Wales at Bangor,
Cert in Supervision (1999) Jean Morrison Associates
Dip PC (1993) Nottingham University & St John’s College
Dip Home Economics 1969 Robert Gordon’s Institute of Technology, Aberdeen
Cert. in Education (1970) Teacher Training College, Aberdeen
Secondary Education (1961-66) High School, Aberdeen
MBACP ( 2006) Accredited Individual Supervisor [2011, Senior Accredited Supervisor]
EMDR (2006) Association (UK & Ireland) Member
MBTI (2004) Trainer in Myers Briggs Temperament Indicator
MBACP (1998) Accredited Counsellor [2004, Senior Accredited Counsellor/Psychotherapist]
BASF (1985) Certificate in Human Social Functioning [1994,Trainer in Human Social Functioning
[Scottish Episcopal Church – ordained 1988, 1994]
EMDR Training (level I, II & III) Richman EMDR Training (2004-06)
Certificate in Cognitive Behavioural Therapy and Training, Centre for Stress Management (2001)
Certificate in Stress Management, Centre for Stress Management (2001)
Certificate in Pastoral Counselling, St John’s College Nottingham (1985)
Certificate in Christian Studies, St John’s College Nottingham (1982)